Below you will find my work history of selected companies over the years. It is by no means a complete list. I do this for clarity and to highlight important areas of the work that I have been involved with - book publishing, DVD packaging and POP along with some of my own samples of design and production work.
You can also download a three page .pdf or Word .docx resume that includes my contact information, a cover letter, a skills and experience summary and the work history listed below. (click here for: PDF or Word versions)
Web Development and Graphic Design Consultant. Billymactx, Austin,TX : 2008 - Present
Digital Designer and Produce, Logos and Branding.
• Addamo Realty Services, New Home Locators
• LaunchPad Toastmasters
• American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), Austin Advertising Federation (AdFed)
• Austin Free-Net
Creative Project Manager (freelance). NTS Creative Group, Los Angeles, CA : 2008
Managed the design team in the development of DVD Keyart, packaging, sell sheets, ads and other collateral.
• Served as traffic coordinator, proofreader, and project manager on 15+ projects at any given time.
• Managed crew of staff designers and freelancers (tech support, designers and copywriters).
• Managed all in-coming assets and out-going deliverables to clients and vendors.
• Hands-on as needed.
Creative Manager (contract). Genius Products/The Weinstein Company, Santa Monica, CA : 2007
Managed the design and production of DVD packaging including sell sheets, trade and consumer ads.
• Worked closely with internal marketing teams to develop packaging, sales, and other marketing materials.
• Assigned work to outside vendors to design and produce packaging and other sales materials.
Sr. Production Manager (staff). TM-Ltd (AGIMedia), Los Angeles, CA : 2003-2007
Managed the production of DVD packaging and POP for international markets. Hands-on manager.
• Formulated production goals, developed workflows and trained staff for various types of work.
• Researched new software and hardware acquisitions and was responsible for their successful implementation.
• Responsible for asset and file distribution to parent London location and to client offices worldwide.
• Responsible for hiring (staff and freelance), reviews and all disciplinary actions in production department.
Independent Contractor/Consultant (contract). Bill Castillo Consulting, Valencia, CA : 1999- 2003
Provided technical support for small creative firms including FileMakerPro solutions and Graphic Design.
• Provided technical support for Macintosh-based networks, systems and servers.
• Provided workflow analysis, network planning and design, remote access and backup strategies.
• Consulted on software and hardware pre-purchases and training.
• FileMakerPro developer: Provided solutions for custom and existing work, solutions for accounting, traffic,
workload balancing and integration with other database systems.
• Graphic production: Retouching, color correction, print production and project management.
Color & Prepress Manager (staff). General Publishing Group, Santa Monica, CA : 1996-1999
Managed the design and production of b/w and 4/c books.
• A hands-on manager responsible for the staff meeting production goals and timelines.
• Responsible for color control on all output devices, proofing systems (Rainbow, MatchPrint) and processors.
• Managed network, Internet services, and provided company-wide tech support.
• Attended regular extended press checks (sheet feed and web) at various book printing plants in the US and Italy.
• Managed all design and production staff and freelancers.
California State University, Northridge, CA: Fine Art and 2D Design.
College of the Canyons, Valencia CA: MCSE certification, Multimedia Production.
Austin Community College, Austin, TX: PMP certification, AA Art.